1. From here on forth, RSVP CARS shall be referred to as RSVP CARS and/or the AUTHORISER.
2. From here on forth, the RENTER/PRIMARY DRIVER and ADDITIONAL DRIVER(S) shall be referred to as THE VEHICLE RENTER.
3. From here on forth, DAMAGE shall be interpreted as any disfigurement and/or inability of the vehicle to operate in its optimal state that was not present before the handing over of the vehicle to THE VEHICLE RENTER.
4. From here on forth, LOSS shall be interpreted as the vehicle and/or any part of the vehicle and its contents and car keys that are not in the possession of N&M CAR RENTAL or THE VEHICLE RENTER in which it was originally in the possession of the aforementioned parties before the vehicle was handed over to THE VEHICLE RENTER.
1. A Booking Deposit is required before the confirmation. (non-refundable)
2. Full payment is required upon car collection. (Cash or Card or Online transfer only)
3. Security Deposit is required amounting RM8,000 to lock 6 months contract, will be burned if rental not over to 6 months.
4. is refundable WITHIN 24 HOURS and Keep RM500 after 7 working days after inspection. Any charges for summons or repairs for damages proven to have incurred during the rental period will be deducted from the security deposit and the balance, if any, will be returned to the vehicle renter.
Delivery & Collection Service
1. Rental vehicles should be picked up from and returned to RSVP CARS office.
2. Delivery services will be made available upon request only and subject to charges. Delivery rates will be disclosed at the time of enquiry or confirmation of booking.
1. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is fuelled to the same level as given. Any petrol shortage will be charged deducted accordingly from the security deposit.
2. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is NOT used for any illegal activities.
3. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility for any damages done to the vehicle if it is used off the public roads.
Loss or Damage
1. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is returned at the agreed time in an undamaged condition.
2. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to inform RSVP CARS of any accidents, damages or irregular behaviour of the vehicle during the rental period. Failure to do so will render the vehicle renter responsible for the repair and towing cost regardless of whether the damages are caused by the vehicle renter.
3. The vehicle renter is held responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle within the rental period.
4. In the event of an accident with another vehicle at fault, the vehicle renter may opt to claim damages from the owner/driver of the vehicle at fault. Alternatively, the vehicle renter may also proceed with insurance claim procedures to claim for compensation of damages from the insurance of the owner/driver of the vehicle at fault.
5. In the event of an accident due to the negligence of the vehicle renter, the vehicle renter is held responsible for the vehicle’s repair charges up to a maximum amount stated in accordance to the vehicle grouping (refer to CDW and Insurance). In the event of a major accident, the vehicle renter is held responsible for the losses suffered by the vehicle owner and RSVP CARS due to the vehicle being in a workshop up to a maximum amount stated in accordance to the vehicle grouping (refer to CDW and Insurance).
6. The vehicle renter will be held responsible for the loss of keys while under the rental period and its replacement cost up to a maximum amount stated in accordance to the vehicle grouping (refer to CDW and Insurance).
1. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to prove that he/she is in a physical condition so as to be reasonably considered as capable of driving a vehicle safely.
2. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that only the designated driver(s) named in this agreement are allowed to drive the vehicle. If any other driver(s) not named in this agreement were found to be driving the vehicle, the security deposit will be voided and the vehicle renter will be held responsible of any loss or damages to the vehicle.
3. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that the vehicle renter and all authorized drivers must be at a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 65 years old.
4. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to ensure that all drivers operating the rental vehicle must possess a valid and current Full Malaysian Drivers License (CDL) or a valid and current International Driving Permit as well as posses at least one year of driving experience.
1. A surcharge of RM10.60 per additional driver shall apply.
2. The maximum of 3 drivers is allowed for all vehicle groups except group D and E where a maximum of 1 driver is allowed. (refer to vehicle grouping)
3. Additional drivers must be present upon signing of this rental agreement to ensure that the names are included in the insurance coverage.
CDW and Insurance
1. All RSVP CARS’s vehicles are insured.
2. In the event of any major accidents which may or may not result in the vehicle being deemed a total loss, the vehicle renter holds the responsibility to bear the costs of repairs or claims.
3. RSVP CARS provides a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) to assist in lowering the burden of costs on the vehicle renter.
4. In the event of a major accident, the vehicle renter holds the responsibility to pay damages of 50% of the base rental rate for as long as the vehicle is in the workshop and still under repairs.
5. In the event the vehicle is deemed a total loss, the vehicle renter is liable to pay 15% of the vehicle market value record in the insurance cover note.
1. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to inform RSVP CARS of any minor or major accidents instantly.
2. The vehicle renter is NOT allowed to engage the services of any unauthorised call-men or tow trucks in the event of an accident.
3. Should the vehicle renter engage the services of any call-men or tow trucks, the vehicle renter holds the responsibility to pay any amount asked by the unauthorised third-party call-men or tow trucks to reacquire the rental vehicle from the third-party possession.
4. The vehicle renter holds the responsibility to acquire the names an details of all parties involved in the accident and witnesses.
5. The vehicle renter shall not abandon the rental vehicle in an environment deemed unsafe to a reasonable person.
1. In the event of Car Breakdown, the vehicle renter may contact RSVP CARS 24-hour helpline immediately to enable RSVP CARS to assist.
2. A replacement vehicle of the same value may be provided subject to availability.
3. Any damage due to the negligence of the vehicle renter such as a punctured tyre due to negligent driving, loss of keys, dead battery due to the vehicle renter’s negligence and such shall incur a surcharge of RM200 if assistance from RSVP CARS is required. The vehicle renter shall also hold the responsibility to bear the costs of replacing the dead battery, loss keys or damaged tyre.
Rental Alternatives / Cancellation
1. RSVP CARS reserves the right to cancel any rental prior to commencement for any reason whatsoever.
2. RSVP CARS may, if it so chooses, recommend an alternative vehicle to the vehicle renter, preferably of the same category. Should the vehicle renter decide not to accept the alternative, all monetary payments made by the vehicle renter will be refunded in full without further obligation or liability on the part of RSVP CARS.
Late Payment Penalty/Retrieval Costs
1. If the payment for extension on rental is not received within 12 hours from the agreed payment date, the vehicle will be retrieved from the vehicle renter and the vehicle renter holds the responsibility to bear all retrieval costs including towing, labor costs and petrol costs etc.
2. Past due accounts are eligible to be passed to RAM Credit Information Sdn. Bhd. (RAMCI) for recovery purpose. Accounts passed to RAMCI will be listed on their Trade Bureau database. This listing may impact the ability of the customer to secure further credit facilities.
3. RSVP CARS will also pass the vehicle renters information to the Credit Tip-Off Service (CTOS) to be blacklisted from further business with RSVP CARS and its associates.
By this consent, the vehicle renter agrees that:
1. RSVP CARS may conduct credit/trade check, CCRIS and DCHEQS checks on the vehicle renter and where applicable with CTOS at any time for as long as the vehicle renter has a trade relationship with RSVP CARS or where any dues remain unpaid and outstanding with RSVP CARS , for any one or more of the following purposes:
· Opening of account
· Credit/Account monitoring
· Debt recovery
· Credit/Account evaluation
· Credit/Account review
· Legal documentation consequent to a contract or facility granted by you.
2. RSVP CARS may disclose any information on the vehicle renter’s conduct of account(s) with RSVP CARS, to any business entity/ies for bona fide trade checking at any time.The vehicle renter is also aware of and understands that such information will be provided to CTOS, who may in turn share such information to subscribers of their service.
3. Where RSVP CARS require any processing of The Vehicle Renter’s application to be processed by any processing centre located outside Malaysia (including RSVP CARS Head Office), The Vehicle Renter hereby gives consent to CTOS to disclose The Vehicle Renter’s credit, CCRIS & DCHEQS reports to such locations outside Malaysia.
4. Apart from the above, The Vehicle Renter provides consent to RSVP CARS and the CTOS, to process The Vehicle renter’s personal data as per the PDPA Act.
1. Upon signing this agreement, the vehicle renter agrees to all the terms and conditions in both the CTOS and PDPA consent forms.
2. Upon signing this agreement, the vehicle renter agrees to all the aforementioned termsand conditions in this agreement.
1. Windscreen RM-(subject to windscreen insurance coverage price)
All RSVP CARS cars come with insured windscreens. In the event the windscreen is damaged within the rental period, the client is responsible for the charges required in reinsuring the windscreen.
2. Smoking and Littering (RM50)
Smoking inside of all RSVP CARS cars are prohibited. Should the client be found to be smoking and/or littering inside the vehicle, a cleaning fee will be imposed and deducted from the security deposit.
3. Dangerous driving (RM100 per event)
All RSVP CARS vehicles are fitted with numerous speed and G-Force sensors. Dangerous and Harmful driving may prove detrimental to the vehicles condition and therefore must be avoided. Should RSVP CARS be notified that the vehicle be driven in a dangerous and harmful manner, a penalty fee will be imposed and deducted from the security deposit. One “Dangerous and Harmful Driving” event shall be defined as each individual action below,
- Driving with the tachometer reading showing the engine speed (RPM) exceeding 5,000 RPM for more than 3 times.
- Sudden Accelerations or Decelerations for more than 3 times.
- Harsh cornering for more than 3 times
- Not slowing down for speedbumps or potholes for more than 3 times.
4. Speeding (RM200)
In accordance to Section 40 of the Road Transport Act 1987, drivers in Malaysia are not allowed to drive above the speed limit. However, for the sake of the clients driving experience, RSVP CARS allows, but does not encourage, a maximum driving speed of 160km/h on all vehicles. Should the client exceed the allowed limit of 160km/h for more than 3 times, a penalty shall be imposed and deducted from the security deposit.
5. Summons RM-(subject to summon amount)
The client is responsible for any summons that shall incur during the rental period. The incurred amount shall be deducted from the security deposit.
6. Replacing parts RM-(subject to price of required parts)
Any irreparable vehicle parts that are damaged within the rental period shall be replaced at the client’s expense. The required amount shall be deducted from the security deposit. Alternatively, the client may replace the parts themselves by providing the required parts acquired from authorized parts dealers and are up to the standard of quality subject to the type of vehicle.
7. Damage repair RM-(subject to repair price)
Any repairable parts that are damaged within the rental period shall be repaired at the client’s expense. The required amount shall be deducted from the security deposit. Alternatively, the client may repair the parts themselves under the supervision of an RSVP CARS representative at an authorized body shop which can provide the standard of quality subject to the type of vehicle at the vehicles original undamaged state.
8. Fuel RM-(Subject to table below)
Every vehicle will be given to the client with a full tank of fuel. As such, the vehicle will be required to be returned with a full tank as well. Any difference in fuel amount as compared to a full tank will be charged as per the table below
9. Late payment penalty RM-(Subject to table below)
Should the client default on any payments, an RSVP CARS representative shall be dispatched to retrieve the vehicle and a penalty based on the distance will be imposed and deducted from the security deposit as per the table below. Distance is calculated from RSVP CARS office in Kuala Lumpur.